Thursday 13 November 2014

River Song

The boy sang without restraint, his free unadulterated voice audible even in the midst of the constant humming of the motor boat. What a voice it was,powerful  melodious and hypnotising. The boat swayed a bit,unnoticed by everyone.The River was  stirring.
Do you know,dear boy,that the River can hear you? 
I call you a boy, because you are still a child in my eyes. You managed to capture my attention on this hot autumn afternoon while Nature was in a sweet, lazy slumber . how could i not awaken, dear boy? You are ,afterall, a part of the same Nature. And you are singing to me unawares. You are singing a River Song. I couldnt stay away.
I see you, your companions,and take note of the effect your song has not only on me, but those who surround you. The locals dont know your language, but they still listen to you in awe. Your friends, it seems to me, enjoy your melodious voice even as it goes up an octave before coming down to the regular pitch. You are young, but your voice tells me you have suffered hardships,and  also overcome them. It makes me proud,inspite of the fact that i do not know you.
I have seen enough of your people in my everflowing lifetime to know your stories with a single look. But this afternoon, i can only see the stories that your song brings forward in their minds.
Check-Shirt Girl ,with a half smile on her face , is taking a walk down memory lane, thinking of her mother and how she once sang the same River song to another River years ago.
Blue Shirt Boy is still trying to process your lyrics and maybe thinking a teensy bit about the little brother back home.
Oversized Hat Girl is already miles away,thinking of a different voice,accompanied by the memory of a certain pair of beautiful dark eyes and their infinite depths.
Black Tshirt Boy is feeling utterly peaceful, and to some extent sleepy in a good way, thinking of your song as a very beautiful lullaby. He couldnt remember the last time he felt this much peace in his hectic crazy life.
Maroon Shirt girl is so overwhelmed with emotion that love longing pain joy relief happiness everything jumbled up together is indistinctly flitting through her eyes. She fleetingly glances at her companion,a soft smile gracing her features. I dont know if she is sniffing because of cold.
Black and White Shirt Girl's eyes are getting unfocused and  glassy as she is thinking of all of you and how you all came to be where you now are. Like me ,she hears the twinge of pain in your vocals, but is very hopeful about the future.
Pink Top Girl has Love ,Pride and Understanding written all over. She is brimming with Happiness and Contentment. She truly sees you.
And you, little one , singing to me , are feeling blessed and emotional. and infinite. Just like me.
Your song is over, but the spell doesnt break. Nature will remember it this way.

Your song may be over, but it will live with the River.

Know this,The River doesnt forget.

Years later I may forget your face, but i wil not forget your tribute to me. Your River Song.

2 comments:

  1. That was awe-inspiringly beautiful!! I am spellbound and lost in the river song as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankie again piggy :) the song in question is Hridoyer ekul okul dukul bhese jaye. Ki magical gan ta.. its been a week, ar amar spellbound obostha ta akhono kateni..

    ReplyDelete